Sunday

Year In Review

2012 was a good year for me.

Highlights
-Playing Peachtree in October. This is certainly the best course I have played since Pebble Beach and the best course I have played in the Southern US.

-The Hundred Hole Hike in July. This was both fun and painful. Walking 100 holes in a day was very difficult. But the reward that came from raising over $2000 for charity was great.

-Playing Oxmoor Valley and Ross Bridge in June. This was a lot of fun and the first time I'd played 4 different golf courses in a single day. I don't expect to top that any time soon, if ever.

-Played a total of 30 new golf courses and 6 of those ended up in my personal Top 25.

-TPC Louisiana in December. This course exceeded expectations. I didn't expect the course to have so much variety and interest.

-Ross Bridge in June. Greatly exceeded expectations. For the course to be so long it has great interest and is quite fun to play.

-Met some great guys both through internet groups and random pairings on the course.

Upcoming Plans
-Currently planning to play at least 9 courses in January. 8 different courses on the RTJ Trail and East Lake.

-Hopefully I can take advantage of the Trail offer of $21 on the 21st this year like I did this past year. After January, I'll have 3 Trail sites to play (Hampton Cove, The Shoals, and Highland Oaks) plus 1 course at both Cambrian Ridge and Lakewood. Hopefully I can finish all those this year.

-And hopefully I can meet some new friends on and off the course while playing some new rounds.


Thanks to all my readers here, I hope to grow this site over the next year to greater size than it is right now. The growth over the last half year has been great. I greatly appreciate all of you that read here. Any suggestions for content will be considered. Thank you and here's to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment